With the rise of COVID cases within the community, we would like to reassure you of our commitment to providing a safe environment for you and your family. Our Centres will remain open unless advised differently by SA Health and new enrolment enquiries are still being welcomed.
Currently the following protocols are in place to ensure we are protecting our community from the spread of COVID within our centres:
- Anyone who is unwell (staff/children/families), who are household / close contacts from other exposures or people symptomatic are not able to attend Alive Catholic Early Learning Centres
- All staff, contractors and volunteers (including parent volunteers) must have been vaccinated in accordance with the Emergency Management Direction to be on site
- Masks must be worn by all visitors including families upon arrival and pick up of their child/children, with staff required to wear a mask within the centres when not directly engaged in learning activities.
- Ventilation within the centres is being maximised by continued use of air conditioning (set to fresh air intake where available) and fans, with doors and windows open
- Outdoor learning opportunities are being maximised as appropriate
- Physical distancing is encouraged
- Staff gatherings and contact between the different learning spaces is being minimised
- Non-essential visitors are limited (this does not include allied health workers who will continue to provide support) including the cancelling of all group tours
- Additional cleaning measures are in place including disinfecting all high traffic areas at least twice per day as well as resources.
In the event of a positive case attending Alive, we will work closely with SA Health and follow any and all advice provided to ensure the safety of our community. This will include timely updates to ensure we are open and transparent with families as your child / children are our first priority.
As always, if your child / children are unwell, required to isolate, or will not be attending their regular day at early learning, please ensure that you contact your Centre Administrator, to advise of the absence. This ensures that we have the correct staff to child ratio within the Centre.
Please refer to the following resources for the latest information:
- COVID-19 SA Government website
- SA Health website
- SA Health Facebook page
- Catholic Education SA Updates
Talking to your child about COVID
Are you finding it difficult to talk to your child about COVID? It's natural for children to be curious and ask questions and it's important we ask how they're feeling and clarify any misunderstandings.
This online booklet, developed by SA Health for young children, explains what COVID is and how we can stop it from spreading.