As an Early Learning Centre which is co-located with a local Catholic School, children’s learning is at the forefront of our practices. To facilitate this, we see ourselves as the facilitators and co-constructors of learning, which is child-led and seeks to encourage children’s agency at all times.
We believe in providing a consistent and stable learning environment for our children which means no rotating rosters, with all our educators timetabled to the same shift each week. All educators are involved in the planning and programming cycle for our children, with each learning environment holding a team meeting each week to facilitate this, in addition to non-contact time which is shared amongst our educators. Our culture is one of collaboration, with Senior Educators/Early Childhood Educators facilitating open discussions where all educators’ voices are heard and valued. We seek to have a permanent team of educators for each learning environment which meet or exceeds ratio requirements to ensure that educators are supported to meet supervision requirements.
We invest in our staff and their professional development, working closely with Catholic Education South Australia to provide opportunities to upskill educators in areas of interest as well as provide networking opportunities with other likeminded educators and ELCs. All mandatory certificates including First Aid and RHAN are paid for by us as we recognise this is a requirement of employment.
In addition we:
- Pay generous above award salary and rates for all educators and Early Childhood Teachers
- Provide a 20% staff discount on long day care fees
- Have a minimum of two weeks leave over Christmas/New Years as well as scheduled pack down and set up days at the beginning and end of the year
- Are influenced by modern contemporary pedagogies and practices
- Do not wear uniforms, rather dress standards are the same as our co-located school to promote continuity between the School and Centre